Monday, July 4, 2011

Beginnings

As I embark down the path of putting my passion of writing into practice, I wonder...what took me so long?

This step is part of a move for me to focus more steadily on my career as a writer.  There's also something intimidating about putting my thoughts out there on the web for anyone to read and comment on.  I do have several writing projects in the works, and I expect to post about them from time to time.  Accountability is an important driving force for me.
 
I've struggled over the last month or so with settling on a subject for my blog.  Do I focus on motherhood (life with four kids is anything but boring), running (planning my first marathon in December), or my Christianity (definitely a vital part of my life).  I've come to the conclusion that it's every part of my life that makes me who I am and what I love to write about.  So this blog will be about me - my perspectives - on anything and everything.  Topics seen here will vary, but I can promise that you won't find much from me in the way of politics.  I am conservative, and I think that will be evident on its own, and there is enough anger and tension in politics for me to keep it at bay.  Rest assured, if you want a break from the 2012 election coverage, this is the spot.  Although, chances are, there may be a post about me trying to make it to vote in the rain, after sitting in the waiting room of Discount Tire for a flat to be fixed with four tired, hungry children.  Oh wait, that was 2010.   

I'm excited about this journey.  Who knows where the road will lead?  I'm looking forward to the ride!   

Eileen

No comments:

Post a Comment