Thursday, November 17, 2011

Front Porch Sittin'

                It was a beautiful weekend in North Texas, especially for November.  On Sunday, it was sunny, the temperature was comfortable, and there was a nice breeze. 
                My husband and I were outside moving some things around.  When we were done, I started to walk inside and he walked over to the swing. 
He told me, “We need to sit on the porch.  Take a break and sit out here with me. “ 
                The list of things I still needed to do was running through my mind, but I walked over there anyway.  The porch is one of my favorite things about our house, and I do enjoy sitting on the swing (when it’s not surrounded in children’s bicycles). 
                We probably spent close to an hour sitting there rocking back and forth, talking.  The boys were building with Legos on the other side of the porch, enjoying the weather outside.  My husband and I were talking about our future plans, brainstorming.  Creativity was flowing.  I had a sense of purpose.  I was refreshed.  I also realized I need to spend more time enjoying little things like nice weather. 
There will always be a long list of things to do, but sometimes you’ve just got to do some front porch sittin'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment