Tuesday, March 20, 2012

How the Wrights Take a Break

Spring Cleaning Break
For the first time in four years, I was able to be home with the kids for spring break.  I was greatly anticipating catching up on housework (yes, I know I am strange) so I came up with an idea to motivate the kids to help.  On Sunday evening, I told them that if they would help me work on one room a day and get their own rooms picked up throughout the week, then we would consider getting satellite TV back.  Of course, that would mean we would no longer be weird, but it would free up some of my obligations, such as keeping the kids busy, for the summer. 
“The best laid schemes…”
Daylight savings time ruffled my schedule, and the end of the week left me with an unfinished to-do list, tired muscles, and a tilled garden that needs to be planted.  Even still, it was an enjoyable week and we were able to do enough different activities so my youngest no longer thinks spring break is just another synonym for spring cleaning.  He sure won't be coming to me like he did on that Monday morning at 8:30 when he complained to me "There's nothing to do."     
You may wonder, did they do enough cleaning out for me to pick up the phone and call the satellite provider?  Funny, they haven’t asked about it yet. 
I may see how long I can ride this one out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment