Sunday, August 12, 2012

Balancing Schedules

In the past two weeks, I have inadvertently missed writing a new post for my blog.  But not because I didn't have anything to say.  If you know me, I always have something to talk about.  My kids will say or do something to spark an idea.  In fact, if I it weren't for them, I don't know what I would write about.

But it's a combination of what I want to accomplish and what my children let me accomplish that has restricted my time.  Some days are extremely productive, and others I am just spinning my wheels.  I started  to prioritize by making weekly and daily goals.  I even started making a daily schedule based on what needs to be done that particular day.

Yet, I still find myself consistently frustrated over what I'm not able to complete.  I struggle to find balance in what needs to be done as a wife and mother, and what needs to be done for myself as an individual.  Just once, I would like to finish a library book without renewing it.  Sleeping more than 5-6 hours a night would be a nice bonus.

Here's what I want to know:

1.  What other ideas do you have for finding balance in different areas of your life?

2.  How do you decide what to cut when everything seems equally important?

This evening, I sat down to watch a movie with my children.  I haven't done this in a while, because I can get a lot accomplished during the span of one movie.  While I usually feel time in front of the television is wasteful for me, this was long overdue.  It was nice to take the time to just sit and relax.  

I'm looking forward to your suggestions.      

No comments:

Post a Comment