Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My First Week's Progress

Last week, I told you about a challenge I'm working on to put my dream of writing in motion.  If you missed this piece of news, you can read it here.  Now that I'm moving into the second week, let me simply tell you - I'm tired.  This is not a new concept for me.  I have four children.  I've missed a few hours of sleep in the last - gasp! [almost] 16 years.

But it's not just the emphasis on writing that is contributing to my fatigue.  I tend to give myself permission to do too much, but I've come to realize there will never be an ideal time.  Life is busy, and if I want to reach my dream, then I'm going to miss a few hours of sleep.  I'll apologize in advance for droopy eyes and less than stellar reaction time.

My body is slowly making the adjustment to early morning writing, and I am happy to note progress.  To sum up so far, I have two books in the works.  This may seem a little ambitious, since I spent the last year piddling around.  But I'm tired of piddling. 

It's time for me to be serious.
  
I pulled out a dusty book proposal I started working on last year, and I am evaluating what needs to be completed to send it off.  My next step is to get the two sample chapters to follow the same pattern and mood as the introductory chapter.  If you would like to keep me accountable, you have my permission to ask me about progress on the proposal at any time.  In the meantime, I am adding to my other book daily. 

Oh, and I decided this probably wasn't the best time for me to give up the caffeine habit.

You're welcome.






No comments:

Post a Comment