Friday, September 14, 2012

Transition Time

I write this blog post after almost two full weeks of chaos. My husband started a new job last week, which was a positive change, but the schedule is doing a number on me. After a year of him being out of town for four to five days a week, I am grateful to have him home every night. Of course, that means no more hamburger helper, a few more dishes to wash, and wow, how do I ever keep up with the laundry? In the same week, my oldest daughter started swim practice before school. Now I see her about thirty minutes in the morning, and an hour (if I'm lucky) in the evening before she disappears into her room.

My writing schedule was one goal that got pushed aside. Final edits for my devotion book need to be completed, but my brain has been fuzzy. Even writing The Wright Stuff has given me trouble this week. I tried to work on a post last night, but a killer headache created some not so fun side effects like nausea. I tried again earlier today, but the topic wasn't coming together. Now, as I write, I have just dealt with a meltdown over a hoodie from one child, right after another called to tell me the pick up time changed. Goodbye dinner plans.

Earlier this week I whined to a friend about my inability to accomplish anything right now. She reminded me to adjust my goals in times of transition. As much change as our family goes through, I should have known better than to try to keep in my same groove. I guess I'm just stubborn and think I can push through anyway.

To repeat the words of my wise friend, I have a question for my readers.

How do you adjust your goals during transition?


No comments:

Post a Comment