Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thankfulness

For my faithful readers, you may be wondering why I haven't been posting weekly in the past month. I apologize, and it's not that I've become bored with blogging. On the contrary, I have had a multitude of topics to write about, but time has not been on my side. It has been hectic in the Wright household, mostly due to my  marathon training and a part-time work schedule. If When I survive the next three weeks (Dallas Marathon), you should see my blog back to a regular routine (such as one that exists for my family).

I've seen a lot of posts on Facebook this month for thankfulness, and with all that we've had going on, this subject is prominent in my mind.

So in the spirit of the Thanksgiving holiday, here is my list:


  • I am thankful for my family. They love me when I'm grumpy/hungry after a long Saturday run. They don't care that I'm not a great cook, or super-crafty, or even a great housekeeper. Most of the time, my children want to be around me, and we spend a lot of time together as a family.
  • I am thankful for extended family who are close in distance. After spending three years in Sicily, I am grateful to be able to drive to visit them within a couple of hours.
  • I am thankful for my husband who served his country for over 10 years in the Navy. 
  • I am thankful for our church family, and that I live in a country where I can freely worship.
  • I am thankful to have the opportunity to write whatever comes to my mind. I am also grateful that there are some who actually enjoy reading what I write.
What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment