Saturday, November 3, 2012

God's Provision

After the first day of school, when I considered crawling back under the covers for the rest of the year, I was half kidding. Then the month of October hit, which brought a whammy or two.

I am grateful to sit here typing this post in a month where people tend to focus on thankfulness. I want to take a minute to tell how our family recently experienced God's provision. In order to get an idea of how remarkable this is, I will give just a brief outline of what transpired. 

For several years, we have always had just enough. I have often wondered why we can't get ahead, because it seems every time extra money would come in, there would be a dead car battery or something one of the kids needed. I would get upset because the extra had to be used, but one day I reached the point where I saw the extra money for what it was: God's provision. When I left my full-time job over a year ago to homeschool Austin, I wondered how we would manage. Instead, I have been amazed with how God provides for us. 

In order to keep from curling up in a ball this October, I tried to focus on this provision. Three days after my husband was out of work, my car was burglarized. I was running at the park, and I returned to a busted window with my purse and running backpack stolen. This really tested my limits, and I'm ashamed to say I fell apart about the break in. I like to think of this as a brief setback. I worked on switching my perspective to the positives, and began to pray for God to carry us through this rough place. I didn't want to worry about how long we would go without a paycheck.

As a result of prayer along with determination not to worry, I am so blessed to report that we survived a month without a paycheck. This was also a month of two birthdays, a class reunion, and an unplanned trip out of state. The credit card remained unused and savings untouched. We sure ate a lot of potatoes and ramen, but complaints were minimal.

All I can say is God is so good!

   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment